Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Life Drawing Class

During the semester I have been taking my first life drawing class.  On the very first day the teacher recognized that I have some structural issues with my drawings.  After that first day I've been working incredibly hard to pay more attention to the lines I draw and their relationships to the lines around them.  These two drawings are the best realized efforts from the class so far.


 I feel that these two drawings are a good reflection on my new focus on line importance.  One of my common drawing traits is to sketch a line many repetitive times, letting the line eventually make its way into the drawing.  It is a major challenge for me to identify the start and the end for a line without many little lines in between.  

I believe this focus on preciseness, this focus on making every little part count, is an aspect of style I was sorely lacking.




No comments:

Post a Comment