Thursday, March 27, 2014

Enlightening Trip to the Museum

A few photography examples really inspired me while at the Spencer Art Museum.  

I felt the repetitive imagery of Jeff Brouws' Twelve Drive-Ins very effective.

The images that attempted to find locations of other images from decades before were also quite effective. Such as Andrew Joseph Russel's Hanging Rock, foot of Echo Canyon and Rick Dingus' similarly named photo.  The contrast between monochrome images and color was also very striking and I was inspired to incorporate it into my own project.

And while somewhat on topic, I've been attempting to edit some aspects of an earlier photo from this year.  I feel that by reducing the glare of the sun and over saturating the red of the image really makes the photo beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment