Thursday, December 11, 2014

Site Scouting

One of the things I'm most grateful for in this class is this project in particular.  Not only does it allow me personal creativity room, it also is letting me place a "banner" at a location that I've wanted to cover for nearly 4 years.

Though I wanted to make a banner, on Budig Hall, that said, "Here Comes Tomorrow," I'm willing to settle for, "I have no idea what I'm doing and it's wonderful."

There was a good point brought up that black and white images wouldn't translate very well on the white-ish stone. So I took a few concept images of how they might look.





These images make me agree that if I do use this wall they must be colored, or have a far stronger contrast than I originally intended.

While taking these shots I became intregued with one of the art and design building's exterior walls, and wondered what my images would look like against a brick wall.


I feel that the red, tan, color of the bricks favors the black and white imagery as opposed to the full colored imagery.  I feel that the Budig wall is far more impressive location for my imagery, but the Art & Design wall fits the audience better. I also think that the colors of the A&D bricks would add to my concept more than the plain white stone.















I still really want to cover that exterior of Budig, but while writing this blog post I've realized that it isn't the better location for this particular project.

No comments:

Post a Comment